Front Desk Assistant
We are recruiting for a Front Desk Assistant mid day. This position is part time, with a minimum of 30 hours per week. The shift starts at 6:30 AM daily, Monday through Friday. This is an ongoing, stable position with a set schedule. To be considered for this position you must have weekday availability from 6:30 AM, Monday through Friday.
The position is primarily located at the front desk of our clinical location. However, employees will be cross trained in all administrative areas of the business. This consists of a number of positions including Front Desk Assistant, Administrative Office Assistant, Billing Assistant, Inventory Assistant, Medical Records Assistant, Orders Assistant. We are working to build a team that is cross functional and supports one another. All duties will be cross trained among all members of the team.
About Embry Women’s Health
Embry Women’s Health is a women’s health office, that specializes in Women’s Health and Wellness. We have a presence in the east valley. Our locations currently consist of a primary clinical location as well as a separate administrative office both of which are located in Mesa, Arizona.
We are looking to add energetic, motivated and personable assistants to our team.
Quality patient care is our number one priority and we pride ourselves in creating a warm and friendly environment. Our office is fast paced and non-traditional. Smiling faces and positive attitudes are a must. We depend on each other to ensure our patients are taken care of. You should be a go getter who is always looking for ways to improve.
We provide great service and like to have fun while we take care of our patients! We really do go above and beyond for each of our patients and are looking for additional team members that would like to do the same. We provide competitive benefits including health insurance that is partially subsidized by the business.
Embry Women’s Health is proud to offer competitive benefits including:
- Competitive Salary Scale
- $15 per hour
- Generous Bonus Scale Based on Collections
- Health Benefits including Dental, Vision and Medical (Full Time Employees)
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement and Jury Duty Leave (Based on a percentage of average hours worked)
Please read some of the regular duties listed below. If you have a great attitude and personality we would love for you to apply. Be sure to tell us more about you when you apply.
You should include a resume and a short paragraph about why you are interested in the position.Stand out and show us why we should hire you.
Clinical Office Front Desk
Example of Duties By Task:
Front Desk Operations
- Serve as face of the practice
- Greet all patients and visitors
- Provide a welcoming atmosphere
- Maintain cleanliness of lobby area during the day
- Verify patient demographic information, reason for visit and other information
- Collect money due at the time of service including copay, deductible and outstanding charges
- Provide electronic device to patient for collection of health history forms
- Communicate with medical assistant and transfer patient for clinical intake
- Address any patient concerns related to the visit
- Provide assistance to other non patient office visitors including vendors and sales representatives
- Screen non patient visitors to determine if their product or service is relevant to the goals of the business
- Verifying that patients are booked into correct time slots
- Scheduling and rescheduling appointments
- Managing schedule for holiday and block out times
- Scheduling vendor meetings as appropriate following office policies
- Answering incoming calls during established phone operations
- Appropriately determining correct outcome for incoming phone calls
- Appropriately scheduling and reschedule new and existing patients that call for appointments
- Consistently offer the patient portal as a resource for patient’s
- Triage and accurately enter into athenaNet patient questions
- Greeting and welcoming patients and visitors when entering the lobby
- Checking patients into athenaNet upon arriving
- Collecting appropriate patient copay/deductible and accurately posting transaction to athenaNet
- Verifying that patient has completed appropriate forms through the athenaNet patient portal
- Verifying that all required information on patient has been collected and appropriately entered into athenaNet
- Scanning and uploading patient ID and insurance card into athenaNet
- Scanning and uploading any documents the patient may have brought with them
- Offering support to provider during the day as appropriate
- Actively monitoring the athenaNet clinical inbox for new orders
- When appropriate placing new orders for patient prescriptions, medical devices and other items through established workflows in athenaNet
- Actively monitoring the athenaNet clinical inbox for incoming and outgoing medical records requests
- When appropriate fulfilling outgoing requests for medical records
- Proactively monitoring new and existing patients for opportunities to request medical records from outside providers for the patient to continue care
Front Desk Financials
- Correctly collect and enter all patient payments into athenaNet
- Ensure accuracy in cash payments
- Offer printed receipt upon request to patient
- Complete inventory of all consumable supplies
- Ensure orders are placed with suppliers as appropriate
- Ensure inventory for clinicals provided by labs is received and allocated
- Follow Up with supervisor about variances
- Enter bookkeeping entries
- Scan receipts
- Follow Up with vendors regarding accounts payables and accounts receivables
Notice of Nondiscrimination
Embry Women’s Health L.L.C. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, physical or mental disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, changes in marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, parenthood, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Embry Women’s Health L.L.C. commitment to nondiscrimination, including against sex discrimination, applies to employees, providers and applicants for employment.
Embry Women’s Health L.L.C. may ask for demographic information including date of birth during the application process. Embry Women’s Health L.L.C. policies and practices strictly prohibits discrimination against job candidates or employees on the basis of age. Demographic information is maintained separate from candidate data that interviewers access as part of their screening process. Age related data will never be used in the determination of employment.