Medical Billing Assistant, Full Time
Embry Women’s Health has an opening as an medical billing assistant in our off site administrative Office. This is a full time position including benefits.
Fiercely independent growing OBGYN in need of an experienced individual to assume responsibility for billing and collection of our commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid contracts. Experience in OBGYN billing as well as with Medicaid (AHCCCS), collections accounts, and athenaHealth EMR software a plus.
Compensation plus benefits depending on experience. Lucrative additional incentives offered on top of competitive base salary for financial performance. This position also offers a great deal of flexibility with the ability for you to create your own schedule and complete a percentage of work remotely.
Duties include timely submission of clean claims electronically and following up on unpaid claims as identified through EOB’s and aging report. Calling or delegating other local and remote employees to call insurance companies to ensure claims are processed/reprocessed properly or to determine reason for denials. Reviews outstanding patient balances weekly and reports to supervisor any collection problem or trends.
You will have access to local and remote employees to help make outbound calls. Ability to delegate tasks and assignments will result in success. Additionally, creating tools and ensuring training of front line office employees will ensure greater first pass claim acceptance.
This position is located in the Dobson Ranch Community of Mesa (approx. Dobson and Baseline). This position would be Monday through Friday.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Some college coursework in billing/collections, business administration, or accounting preferred.
- 1-3 years of Medical Insurance Billing experience required.
- Exhibits an understanding of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10 coding regulations and guidelines.
- Experience with technical aspects of electronic medical billing.
- Strong computer skills and intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Comfortable with patient collections
- Demonstrates ability to perform in a position that requires problem solving skills
Reports To: Billing Manager
Keywords: home care, homecare, home health, Billing, Biller, Collections, Medical Billing, Medical Biller, Collections Specialist, patient account specialist, Claims Specialist, OBGYN, athenahealth, medical billing, accounts management, collections.
- Medical Billing: 1 year
Job Type: Full-time
We are also willing to pay above market wages for the right candidate. We can’t do this without you and want you to be rewarded for our success.
- $16 per hour during probation
- $17 per hour post probation
- 6 month increase
- Collections specific bonus structure
- Profit Sharing
- Goal and Incentive Based Bonus
We use athenaNet by athenaHealth as our EMR system and practice management system. Experience with athenaNet would be highly favorable for the right candidate. Although, athenaNet experience is not required, relevant experience with a modern fully deployed EMR or Practice Management system is required. Such systems include but are not limited to eClinicalWorks, Cerner, Epic, Practice Fusion, Mckesson or Allscripts.
- Monday to Friday availability required
- Full Time 40 hour per week position
- 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM position
Dover Shores Office Park in the Dobson Ranch area of Mesa
Dedicated Open Air Cubicle
Dedicated Computer with two monitors
Dedicated Desk Phone
Business Cell Phone
Medical, Dental and Vision
Paid Sick Time
Paid Personal Time
Jury Duty Pay
Flexible Time Off